Field Service Engineers
- Assist with mechanical and electrical inspection and troubleshooting of instrumentation (mechanical, electrical, software and liquid handling).
- Computer/software configuration and integration with auxiliaries, inspection cameras, etc.
- Repair, service and perform preventative maintenance on BioDot instruments.
- Customer interaction specifically to train instrument operation and maintenance.
- Field Service travel for installation, preventative maintenance and service of instruments at customer locations and internally service equipment.
- Respond to online technical support inquiries, including direct interaction with customers by email and phone.
- Follow protocols to measure instrument performance such as accuracy or precision of motion, dispensing, cutting, and/or lamination.
- Work as part of a cross-functional global support team which includes daily interaction with design engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, production personnel and sales team members.
Please review our website to review our product lines: http://www.biodot.com
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a technical certification or military experience. An advantage will be a higher GPA bachelor’s degree in Mechanical (ME), Electrical Engineering (EE), or Biotechnology (BS). Candidates must be able to work independently and as a team member. Minimum of Two to five years of experience with analytical instrumentation, laboratory automation, liquid handling systems, micro fluidics, electronics, mechanical engineering or computers is highly desirable. Schematic interpretation, and troubleshooting skills are a plus. Software integration and inspection camera integration are favorable. Excellent customer interaction skills, verbal and written communication, PC skills (Office, Google Docs, database usage, help desk software), and organizational abilities are required. Ability to work independently in a remote setting, without supervision is required. Up to 50% national travel may be required. Compensation will be competitive and includes salary, and benefits.
BioDot Inc. is recognized as a world leader in the supply of diagnostic manufacturing equipment, which frequently enables, inspires, and educates scientists to commercialize their ideas from R&D through to manufactured products.
BioDot is uniquely focused on the specialized requirements of Rapid Test / BioSensor / BioChip and Clinical Laboratory development and manufacturing environments. BioDot has several standard product lines and custom automated systems to meet the needs of these markets. Please review our website https://www.biodot.com for further clarification. BioDot is currently experiencing growth and we currently have the immediate need for Field Service Engineers to work out of our Irvine, California headquarters, New England and North Carolina. Engineers will be trained at Irvine, and work with a collaborative team to resolve instrumentation issues and support BioDot’s customer database.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org